If you are interested in volunteering for Turning Point, there are many possible volunteer opportunities available.
- Organize donations
- Provide assistance with clerical duties
- Distribute literature
- Help with general shelter chores
- Fundraising projects
- Assist with shelter maintenance
- Assist with Christmas “Adopt-A-Family” program
- Assist with holiday parties
- Lead recreational activities
- And many others!
Volunteer Policies and Procedures
- Volunteers must fill out and return the application materials and Confidentiality Statement before their training session.
- Prior to the training session, volunteers will be asked to undergo a BCI (background check) at their own expense. Turning Point will reimburse the cost of the BCI check after the volunteer has completed 20 hours of volunteering time within 6 months of the receipts of the completed check.
- Once the background check is complete, a training session will be held to tour the shelter, familiarize volunteers with Turning Point policies, and discuss any questions. You will also receive emails and phone calls regarding volunteer opportunities.
For any questions about the Volunteer Program, please contact Volunteer Coordinator Jamie Beckett!