Turning Point has many organizations and individuals who wish to support our families by donating items from our Needs List.
- Garbage/Kitchen Bags
- New Kitchen Towels/ Bath Towels
- OTC Cold and Headache Meds
- New Make-Up
- Paper Products
- New Pillows
- Baby Monitors
- Alarm Clocks
- Diapers (all sizes)
- Batteries (all sizes)
- Gas cards
- Hair Products (Including Ethnic Types)
- Ziplock Storage Bags/Foil
- Feminine Products
- Cleaning Supplies
- New Women’s New Bras, Underwear and Nightclothes
- Girls’ New Underwear, Socks and Nightclothes
- Boys’ New Underwear, Socks and Nightclothes
* Please note that used clothing, stuffed animals, and other fabric related items can be donated to Goodwill. We have a relationship with them that allows our clients to gather needed items with a voucher provided by our staff. Thank you!
Due to liability, health and safety concerns, our agency is unable to accept the follow items:
- Car seats
Cell Phone/Smart Phone Donations
Please donate your old cell/smart phones to Turning Point. We will clear the information for you (if you have not) and they are used as 911 safety phones for our clients. We also donate them to an outside agency that specializes in cell phone recycling for domestic violence shelters and we receive funds to benefit the shelter. Thank you for your cell phone donation!
You shop. Amazon gives. Select Turning Point when shopping on Amazon.com and they’ll donate 0.5% of your purchase back to us!
Purple Ribbon Society
Turning Point has created a powerful program for community leaders and organizations that wish to assist with Turning Point’s purposes, programs and priorities.
The average family we serve consists of a mother and two children. It costs about $1000 a year to shelter and provide support services to a Turning Point family.
We have created the Purple Ribbon Society to recognize those that support one or more of these families. Our founding members are making a very tangible impact on our community and, most importantly, on a family in need. Funding received from the society will be used to support Turning Point’s service to victims of domestic violence by providing shelter, guidance and advocacy.
For additional information on the Purple Ribbon Society contact Stephanie Rowe, Turning Point’s Development Coordinator at (740) 382-8988. To join the Purple Ribbon Society or make any donation, please click the link.